Salman Khurshid hits out at Arun Jaitley
New Delhi: Slamming BJP leader Arun Jaitley`s statement that pre-retirement judgements affect judges` post-retirement plans, Law Minister Salman Khurshid on Monday said such remarks should be avoided.
"If I was him I would not have said this," he said.
Khurshid also said it is Jaitley`s stated position that judges should not be given official position after retirement.
He was referring to the statement of Jaitley, who is Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha, that "pre-retirement judgements are influenced by a desire for a post-retirement job."
"...This clamour for post retirement jobs is adversely affecting impartiality of judiciary and time has come that it should come to an end," Jaitley had said even as BJP demanded a two-year cooling off period before retired judges are appointed to head tribunals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why