Salman Khurshid puts off Haj pilgrimage
New Delhi: Law Minister Salman Khurshid, who is embroiled in a controversy over allegations of misappropriation of funds by his trust, has put off his Haj pilgrimage, according to sources close to him.
His decision to put off the week-long visit for Haj also comes amid speculation of an impending reshuffle in the Union Cabinet.
Khurshid was to leave to for Haj on Sunday and was to return at the end of the next week.
He has been under attack from Arvind Kejriwal following a TV sting which alleged that the Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust run by the Minister and his wife had misappropriated funds meant for providing equipment to the disabled.
Khurshid had refuted the allegations even as the Uttar Pradesh government is probing them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav