Salman Khurshid says will trust our army on infiltration reports
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Days after Pakistan High Commissioner to India Salman Bashir dismissed as "baseless" reports of infiltration from its soil into Keran sector in Jammu and Kashmir, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Wednesday said that we will trust our army more than anybody else.
“We get the infiltration information from the army and will trust our army more than anybody else,” Khurshid said on Bashir’s remark.
Khurshid, earlier in the day, said that India needs to be patient and not get played into the hands of those trying to stall the peace process.
Indian Army, which battled the militants for 15 days in the Keran sector of Jammu and Kashmir, yesterday declared Pakistan’s hand in the incursion bid.
Lt Gen Sanjiv Chachra said that the anti-infiltration operations are over and the army has recovered seven militants’ bodies and also huge cache of arms and ammunition.
Khurshid said that dialogue is the only way forward to resolve issues between the two countries.
It was the biggest infiltration bid since the 1999 Kargil fiasco, which was foiled by the Indian Army after it launched a massive 15-day long operation.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh last month met his Pakistani counter Nawaz Sharif and addressed the issue of ceasefire violation, however, no major outcome came from that meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical