Salman Khurshid says will trust our army on infiltration reports
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Days after Pakistan High Commissioner to India Salman Bashir dismissed as "baseless" reports of infiltration from its soil into Keran sector in Jammu and Kashmir, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Wednesday said that we will trust our army more than anybody else.
“We get the infiltration information from the army and will trust our army more than anybody else,” Khurshid said on Bashir’s remark.
Khurshid, earlier in the day, said that India needs to be patient and not get played into the hands of those trying to stall the peace process.
Indian Army, which battled the militants for 15 days in the Keran sector of Jammu and Kashmir, yesterday declared Pakistan’s hand in the incursion bid.
Lt Gen Sanjiv Chachra said that the anti-infiltration operations are over and the army has recovered seven militants’ bodies and also huge cache of arms and ammunition.
Khurshid said that dialogue is the only way forward to resolve issues between the two countries.
It was the biggest infiltration bid since the 1999 Kargil fiasco, which was foiled by the Indian Army after it launched a massive 15-day long operation.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh last month met his Pakistani counter Nawaz Sharif and addressed the issue of ceasefire violation, however, no major outcome came from that meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price