Salman Khurshid takes dig at AAP
Jaipur: Participatory democracy cannot be chaotic democracy, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said on Sunday while taking a dig at Aam Aadmi Party.
"Their (AAP`s) idea of democracy and our idea of democracy varies. Participatory democracy must also have its institutional contours and limits. Participatory democracy cannot be chaotic democracy," he said on the sidelines of the Jaipur Literature Festival here.
"I think democracy is a very valuable institution, if we play with it and undermine it, we would be great losers as a nation," he said.
"They (AAP) have been elected to power and I think power gives an opportunity, but it also gives responsibility. They must understand the responsibility that rests on their shoulders," said the senior Congress leader.
Congress is extending outside support to the minority AAP government in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites