Salman Khurshid takes dig at AAP
Jaipur: Participatory democracy cannot be chaotic democracy, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said on Sunday while taking a dig at Aam Aadmi Party.
"Their (AAP`s) idea of democracy and our idea of democracy varies. Participatory democracy must also have its institutional contours and limits. Participatory democracy cannot be chaotic democracy," he said on the sidelines of the Jaipur Literature Festival here.
"I think democracy is a very valuable institution, if we play with it and undermine it, we would be great losers as a nation," he said.
"They (AAP) have been elected to power and I think power gives an opportunity, but it also gives responsibility. They must understand the responsibility that rests on their shoulders," said the senior Congress leader.
Congress is extending outside support to the minority AAP government in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family