Salman Khurshid to meet Pak counterpart Aziz tomorrow
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid will be holding talks with his Pakistani counterpart tomorrow on the sidelines of a SAARC meeting in Maldives amidst assertions here that the bilateral meet should not be construed as resumption of comprehensive Indo-Pak talks.
Both Khurshid and Advisor to the Prime Minister on National Security and Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz will be present at the SAARC Foreign Ministers meeting and therefore, the leaders are likely to meet for a bilateral, government sources said Wednesday.
"However, the meeting should not be construed as resumption of the Indo-Pak comprehensive talks as there is a roadmap, agreed by the two countries, to be followed for the resumption of the talks," they said. Also there is no structured agenda for their meeting, the sources said.
Last time, Khurshid and Aziz met on the sidelines of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Foreign Ministers` meet in India during which they discussed issue of ceasefire violations along the Line of Control (LoC) and trial of 26/11 terror case in Pakistan among other key bilateral issues.
Khurshid will also hold bilateral meeting with Maldivian Foreign Minister on Friday, a day after the 35th meeting of SAARC Foreign Ministers meeting which is expected to discuss prominently proposals on enhancing connectivity between SAARC countries, strengthening relations with observers, granting the observer status to Russia and Turkey, and trade.
The meeting will also talk about the next Secretary General from Nepal for the eight-member regional body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble