Salman Khurshid to meet Pak counterpart Aziz tomorrow
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid will be holding talks with his Pakistani counterpart tomorrow on the sidelines of a SAARC meeting in Maldives amidst assertions here that the bilateral meet should not be construed as resumption of comprehensive Indo-Pak talks.
Both Khurshid and Advisor to the Prime Minister on National Security and Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz will be present at the SAARC Foreign Ministers meeting and therefore, the leaders are likely to meet for a bilateral, government sources said Wednesday.
"However, the meeting should not be construed as resumption of the Indo-Pak comprehensive talks as there is a roadmap, agreed by the two countries, to be followed for the resumption of the talks," they said. Also there is no structured agenda for their meeting, the sources said.
Last time, Khurshid and Aziz met on the sidelines of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Foreign Ministers` meet in India during which they discussed issue of ceasefire violations along the Line of Control (LoC) and trial of 26/11 terror case in Pakistan among other key bilateral issues.
Khurshid will also hold bilateral meeting with Maldivian Foreign Minister on Friday, a day after the 35th meeting of SAARC Foreign Ministers meeting which is expected to discuss prominently proposals on enhancing connectivity between SAARC countries, strengthening relations with observers, granting the observer status to Russia and Turkey, and trade.
The meeting will also talk about the next Secretary General from Nepal for the eight-member regional body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof