Salman Khurshid to take legal action against Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid has said that he will take legal action against a prominent news channel and Arvind Kejriwal for alleging that the NGO run by the Congress minister and his wife Louise Khurshid has indulged in irregularities.
A Hindi news channel alleged that the NGO forged signatures of senior officials in several districts of Uttar Pradesh depriving disabled people of their money.
Khurshid`s wife Louise has denied the allegations and said it was "devoid of any merit, and is false, malicious and baseless".
Kejriwal yesterday said he along with disabled activists will gherao the residence of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi on Friday demanding resignation of Khurshid following allegations that the NGO run by him and his wife has indulged in irregularities.
Kejriwal, who also demanded Khurshid`s resignation from the Cabinet, announced his protest programme after a group of 35-40 disabled persons met him at his office here.
"Money bungling in the NGO floated by the Law Minister`s wife is a matter of shame. It is unfortunate to have such Law Minister in the country. We demand resignation of the Law Minister and immediate arrest of his wife. We will gherao Sonia Gandhi`s residence asking for Khurshid`s resignation," Kejriwal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report