Salman Khurshid to take legal action against Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid has said that he will take legal action against a prominent news channel and Arvind Kejriwal for alleging that the NGO run by the Congress minister and his wife Louise Khurshid has indulged in irregularities.
A Hindi news channel alleged that the NGO forged signatures of senior officials in several districts of Uttar Pradesh depriving disabled people of their money.
Khurshid`s wife Louise has denied the allegations and said it was "devoid of any merit, and is false, malicious and baseless".
Kejriwal yesterday said he along with disabled activists will gherao the residence of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi on Friday demanding resignation of Khurshid following allegations that the NGO run by him and his wife has indulged in irregularities.
Kejriwal, who also demanded Khurshid`s resignation from the Cabinet, announced his protest programme after a group of 35-40 disabled persons met him at his office here.
"Money bungling in the NGO floated by the Law Minister`s wife is a matter of shame. It is unfortunate to have such Law Minister in the country. We demand resignation of the Law Minister and immediate arrest of his wife. We will gherao Sonia Gandhi`s residence asking for Khurshid`s resignation," Kejriwal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video