Salman Khurshid to travel to Bhutan
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid travels to Bhutan on a two-day official visit from Jan 14 when he will meet King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck.
Khurshid will also have an audience with the former king, Jigme Singye Wangchuck.
Khurshid will call on Bhutan Prime Minister Jigmi Y. Thinely and hold bilateral discussions with the Minister for Economic Affairs and Minister in Charge for Foreign Affairs, Lyonpo Khandu Wangchuk, a statement said Saturday.
India and Bhutan enjoy a special and unique relationship characterized by mutual trust and confidence; deep multi-dimensional, mutually beneficial cooperation including in hydropower development and extensive socio-economic, cultural and religious ties at the popular level.
India continues to be Bhutan`s main development partner and its largest trading partner. In 2011, the bilateral trade reached Rs 61.6 billion which constitutes 72 percent of Bhutan`s total imports and 85 percent of its exports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news