Salman Khurshid`s dig at Anna Hazare
Chandigarh: A day after Anna Hazare`s remark that Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi should be hanged if found guilty in connection with a controversial CD, Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid on Saturday said the death sentence should be awarded in "rarest of rare" cases.
"I respect Anna. I am a Law minister...As per my understanding a person is hanged in rarest of rare cases, especially relating to murder.
"If someone has other knowledge on law, I am prepared to learn from him. I will try to understand more about law," Khurshid said taking a dig at social crusader Hazare.
"Singhvi should be hanged if found guilty," Hazare had said yesterday at Beed in Maharashtra while touring the state for a stronger Lokayukta Act.
On the Presidential election, Khurshid said the country would get a "good President".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway