Salman Khurshid`s dig at Anna Hazare
Chandigarh: A day after Anna Hazare`s remark that Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi should be hanged if found guilty in connection with a controversial CD, Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid on Saturday said the death sentence should be awarded in "rarest of rare" cases.
"I respect Anna. I am a Law minister...As per my understanding a person is hanged in rarest of rare cases, especially relating to murder.
"If someone has other knowledge on law, I am prepared to learn from him. I will try to understand more about law," Khurshid said taking a dig at social crusader Hazare.
"Singhvi should be hanged if found guilty," Hazare had said yesterday at Beed in Maharashtra while touring the state for a stronger Lokayukta Act.
On the Presidential election, Khurshid said the country would get a "good President".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan