Salman Khurshid`s dig at Anna Hazare
Chandigarh: A day after Anna Hazare`s remark that Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi should be hanged if found guilty in connection with a controversial CD, Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid on Saturday said the death sentence should be awarded in "rarest of rare" cases.
"I respect Anna. I am a Law minister...As per my understanding a person is hanged in rarest of rare cases, especially relating to murder.
"If someone has other knowledge on law, I am prepared to learn from him. I will try to understand more about law," Khurshid said taking a dig at social crusader Hazare.
"Singhvi should be hanged if found guilty," Hazare had said yesterday at Beed in Maharashtra while touring the state for a stronger Lokayukta Act.
On the Presidential election, Khurshid said the country would get a "good President".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India