Salman Khurshid`s dig at Anna Hazare
Chandigarh: A day after Anna Hazare`s remark that Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi should be hanged if found guilty in connection with a controversial CD, Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid on Saturday said the death sentence should be awarded in "rarest of rare" cases.
"I respect Anna. I am a Law minister...As per my understanding a person is hanged in rarest of rare cases, especially relating to murder.
"If someone has other knowledge on law, I am prepared to learn from him. I will try to understand more about law," Khurshid said taking a dig at social crusader Hazare.
"Singhvi should be hanged if found guilty," Hazare had said yesterday at Beed in Maharashtra while touring the state for a stronger Lokayukta Act.
On the Presidential election, Khurshid said the country would get a "good President".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview