Salman Khurshid`s Saudi Arabia visit postponed
New Delhi: The two-day visit of External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid to Saudi Arabia from Saturday has been postponed due to "unavoidable reasons", official sources said.
Khurshid was scheduled to leave early morning on Saturday to hold bilateral meetings with his Saudi counterpart Saud al-Faisal and was also likely to call on the members of the royal family there.
The two sides were to discuss greater cooperation in energy security as well as counter-terrorism.
This was supposed to be the first solo visit by External Affairs Minister since 2001.
Two terror suspects -- Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal, wanted in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, and Indian Mujahideen founder member Fasih Mehmood -- were deported from Saudi Arabia last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India