Salman Khurshid`s Saudi Arabia visit postponed
New Delhi: The two-day visit of External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid to Saudi Arabia from Saturday has been postponed due to "unavoidable reasons", official sources said.
Khurshid was scheduled to leave early morning on Saturday to hold bilateral meetings with his Saudi counterpart Saud al-Faisal and was also likely to call on the members of the royal family there.
The two sides were to discuss greater cooperation in energy security as well as counter-terrorism.
This was supposed to be the first solo visit by External Affairs Minister since 2001.
Two terror suspects -- Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal, wanted in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, and Indian Mujahideen founder member Fasih Mehmood -- were deported from Saudi Arabia last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!