Samajwadi Party has betrayed minorities: Beni Prasad Verma
New Delhi: The relationship between the Samajwadi Party and the Congress was rocked yet again on Saturday as Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma accused SP of betraying minorities.
The war of words between SP and Verma escalated yesterday when Verma predicted that the Samajwadi Party would not win more than four seats in Lok Sabha polls 2014.
On his yesterday`s prediction, Verma today said that it was his personal analysis.
SP never wants Congress to flourish in Uttar Pradesh, added Verma while addressing a press conference.
He also declared that he would resign if the leadership asks him to do so. "I`m ready to face the consequences," said Verma.
Addressing a gathering of supporters at a "Holi Milan" programme in Balrampur, about 150 km from the state capital, the minister on Friday had said that SP "will have its funeral" after the Lok Sabha polls; and it needed just four persons to carry a dead body.
Only days ago, Verma had alleged that SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav had links with terrorists, and was extracting commission in lieu of his party`s support to the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government at the centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?