Samajwadi Party has betrayed minorities: Beni Prasad Verma
New Delhi: The relationship between the Samajwadi Party and the Congress was rocked yet again on Saturday as Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma accused SP of betraying minorities.
The war of words between SP and Verma escalated yesterday when Verma predicted that the Samajwadi Party would not win more than four seats in Lok Sabha polls 2014.
On his yesterday`s prediction, Verma today said that it was his personal analysis.
SP never wants Congress to flourish in Uttar Pradesh, added Verma while addressing a press conference.
He also declared that he would resign if the leadership asks him to do so. "I`m ready to face the consequences," said Verma.
Addressing a gathering of supporters at a "Holi Milan" programme in Balrampur, about 150 km from the state capital, the minister on Friday had said that SP "will have its funeral" after the Lok Sabha polls; and it needed just four persons to carry a dead body.
Only days ago, Verma had alleged that SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav had links with terrorists, and was extracting commission in lieu of his party`s support to the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government at the centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands