Samajwadi Party has betrayed minorities: Beni Prasad Verma
New Delhi: The relationship between the Samajwadi Party and the Congress was rocked yet again on Saturday as Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma accused SP of betraying minorities.
The war of words between SP and Verma escalated yesterday when Verma predicted that the Samajwadi Party would not win more than four seats in Lok Sabha polls 2014.
On his yesterday`s prediction, Verma today said that it was his personal analysis.
SP never wants Congress to flourish in Uttar Pradesh, added Verma while addressing a press conference.
He also declared that he would resign if the leadership asks him to do so. "I`m ready to face the consequences," said Verma.
Addressing a gathering of supporters at a "Holi Milan" programme in Balrampur, about 150 km from the state capital, the minister on Friday had said that SP "will have its funeral" after the Lok Sabha polls; and it needed just four persons to carry a dead body.
Only days ago, Verma had alleged that SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav had links with terrorists, and was extracting commission in lieu of his party`s support to the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government at the centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!