Samajwadi Party MP snatches SC/ST Quota Bill from Narayanasamy
New Delhi: The face-off between the government and the Samajwadi Party over the quota in promotion bill reached a flashpoint on Wednesday when a SP member snatched a copy of the bill from the hands of MoS V Narayanasamy and tore it to register his protest.
Complete pandemonium was witnessed in the Lok Sabha. As soon as Narayanasamy rose to put the bill up for consideration, Samajwadi Party MPs stormed into the well of house raising slogans against the bill.
The SP members raised slogans like "promotion mein aarakshan, nahi chalega, nahi chalega (we do not want reservation in promotions)".
Amid heated exchange of words between opposition and treasury benches, Samajwadi Party MP Yashveer Singh snatched the bill form the hands of Narayanasamy and tore it.
Congress leaders including party president Sonia Gandhi were seen pacifying the agitated MPs, who are resolute to not allow the Lok Sabha to pass the Constitution (117th Amendment) Bill, which provides for quota in promotions for SCs and STs in government jobs.
The Bill was passed by Rajya Sabha on Monday. However, owing to the continuous disruption of the house, Lok Sabha was adjourned for the day.
Meanwhile, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath said, "We will ask the Speaker to take the severest action."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened