Samjhauta blast accused to be produced in court
New Delhi: Kamal Chouhan, a key suspect in the 2007 Samjhauta blast case who was arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA), will be produced before a court on Monday.
The NIA had taken Chouhan into custody after police interrogation. It had identified the suspect as key accused in the blast case. Sources said it was Chouhan, along with one more suspect who is still at large, who had planted the bomb in the Samjhauta Express.
Chouhan was picked up and taken into custody by the NIA from the Indore district of Madhya Pradesh for questioning late on Saturday.
According to sources, Chouhan is a close aid of Ramji Kalsangra and Sandeep Dange who are also the prime accused in the case.
NIA has meanwhile announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh for credible information on absconding Ramji and Sandeep.
Over sixty people were killed when bombs were set off in two coaches of Samjhauta Express, running between Delhi and Lahore, around midnight on February 18, 2007, at Diwana near Panipat in Haryana.
Earlier, the NIA had charged Swami Aseemanand, Sadhvi Pragya, Sunil Joshi (now dead), Sandeep Dange, Lokesh Sharma and Ramchandra Kalasangra alias Ramji for triggering the explosions in the Samjhauta Express.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray