Sanatan Sanstha attacks politicians, alleges victimisation
Panaji: Why do politicians go free when their cadres indulge in murder, asks the rightwing Hindu group Sanatan Sanstha, questioning what it says is victimization of its members after two of its workers were killed while ferrying detonator rigged gelatin sticks.
Take this example which is fresh in memory. Why haven`t the police in Maharashtra questioned or interrogated Sharad Pawar after senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Padmasinh Patil was accused and arrested for murder?" said Sanatan Sanstha managing trustee Virendra Marathe, alleging that the group`s cadres were being victimised by the media, police as well as politicians.
"Sanatan Sanstha does not believe in violence, but if an entire organisation is harassed in the manner we are after one or two of our members are responsible for the blast, then Pawar as NCP president should also be questioned after Patil committed murder," Marathe told agencies.
Two of its members were killed in Margao, 35 km from here, on Diwali eve when they were ferrying the explosive, which accidentally exploded before they could reach the site where people had gathered for Diwali festivities. Police also found and defused three other IEDs on the same night within a span of one hour.
According to Marathe, politicians were hitting out at the organisation because of its efforts at reforming society and nation building.
"The moment society becomes aware and questions politicians, they will lose out on their base. Politicians want to finish us," Marathe said on the sidelines of a press conference in the city Wednesday,
He was referring to state Home Minister Ravi Naik`s repeated statements that the Sanatan Sanstha was responsible for the blast. However, police has not yet named the group.
"We could be banned. It is a possibility, but our work will not stop," Marathe said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you