Sandeep Dikshit renews demand for Delhi Police Commissioner`s removal
New Delhi: Delhi MP Sandeep Dikshit on Sunday renewed his demand for the removal of Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar, echoing the views of people protesting the rape of a five-year-old girl here.
Dikshit, son of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, said when incidents like the rape of a girl takes place, there is a need to send a message and fixing accountability is important.
"My stand on the removal of Police Commissioner remains the same as it was during last time (after the gangrape of a young girl in a moving bus in December last).
"When such an incident takes place and you want to give a message, then accountability is the most important part of that message," the East Delhi MP, who is also a Congress spokesperson, said.
Demanding that Delhi Police be brought under the control of city government sans VIP security wing, he alleged police and bureaucracy do not want this as it will result in increased accountability and responsibility.
"Nobody wants that responsibility increases. They know that if Delhi Police comes under state government, their accountability and responsibility will increase.
"So nobody wants this to happen. We demand bringing the Delhi Police except VVIP security and internal security under state government," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know