Sangma banks on conscience vote
Guwahati: Presidential candidate and former Lok Sabha Speaker Purno A Sangma on Saturday banked on "vote by conscience" for his race to the top constitutional post of the country.
"People are talking about Congress who has got so many votes and BJP, but ultimately at the end of the race you will be surprised by the vote which I will get", Sangma, on way to his home town Tura, told reporters at the Borjhar international airport here.
"I have contested Lok Sabha election from Tura for nine times and assembly election two times and never got defeated. I think the same trend will continue", a confident former Lok Sabha speaker said.
"I am a tribal leader and a Christian and believe in miracles and hope that this will go in my favour", he said when asked about his chance of making it to Rashtrapati Bhavan.
The senior leader from the North East hoped that the parties from the North East will back his candidature in the interest of the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today