Sangma has become nominee of communal forces: NCP
New Delhi: With BJP supporting P A Sangma in the Presidential race, NCP on Thursday regretted that he has become the nominee of "communal forces" in a contest in which UPA candidate Pranab Mukherjee will have a "decisive victory".
Party spokesman D P Tripathi said the development also showed the "bankruptcy" of BJP that they had to "import" a candidate from UPA.
"It is most unfortunate that Sangma has decided to be the candidate of the communal forces. It also shows the bankruptcy of BJP that they had to import a candidate from UPA.
"We are confident that Pranab Mukherjee will have a decisive victory in a token contest for the sake of the contest," Tripathi said.
He dismissed questions about the fate of Union Minister Agatha Sangma in the wake of her father becoming the Presidential candidate backed by BJP.
"These questions are irrelevent. We have called her for the party`s Parliamentary Board this evening," he said.
Party leaders had yesterday indicated that Agatha could face the axe from the Union Council of Ministers if she campaigns for her father P A Sangma in the Presidential poll.
P A Sangma had yesterday submitted his resignation from NCP which was accepted by party chief Sharad Pawar with immediate effect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what