Sangma has become nominee of communal forces: NCP
New Delhi: With BJP supporting P A Sangma in the Presidential race, NCP on Thursday regretted that he has become the nominee of "communal forces" in a contest in which UPA candidate Pranab Mukherjee will have a "decisive victory".
Party spokesman D P Tripathi said the development also showed the "bankruptcy" of BJP that they had to "import" a candidate from UPA.
"It is most unfortunate that Sangma has decided to be the candidate of the communal forces. It also shows the bankruptcy of BJP that they had to import a candidate from UPA.
"We are confident that Pranab Mukherjee will have a decisive victory in a token contest for the sake of the contest," Tripathi said.
He dismissed questions about the fate of Union Minister Agatha Sangma in the wake of her father becoming the Presidential candidate backed by BJP.
"These questions are irrelevent. We have called her for the party`s Parliamentary Board this evening," he said.
Party leaders had yesterday indicated that Agatha could face the axe from the Union Council of Ministers if she campaigns for her father P A Sangma in the Presidential poll.
P A Sangma had yesterday submitted his resignation from NCP which was accepted by party chief Sharad Pawar with immediate effect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!