Sangma meets D Raja, seeks support
New Delhi: NCP Leader PA Sangma, whom the AIADMK and BJD has floated as a Presidential candidate, on Monday met CPI leader D Raja seeking Left parties` support in the July elections to the top post.
Raja said Sangma met him and handed over a letter signed by tribal MPs who is canvassing for a tribal leader to be elected as President.
"He told me that he is meeting leaders of several parties. He sought our support. Left parties are meeting on Wednesday. Let us see," Raja said.
In a coordinated move, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa and her Odisha counterpart Navin Patnaik had on May 17 announced their joint support to Sangma.
Jayalalithaa yesterday spoke to BJP leader L K Advani, Samajwadi supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and other non-Congress leaders including Left parties in support of Sangma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Beat that! Egyptian women are world leaders in assaulting husbands
- Mamata condoles Mahasweta Devi's passing
- Pope Francis falls in Poland, escapes injury
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro with dual rear cameras, OLED display, 128GB memory launched
- UNBELIEVABLE BUT TRUE: In this Pakistani town, guns are cheaper than smartphones!