Sangma will support Pranab: NCP
New Delhi: The NCP on Tuesday expressed confidence that party leader P A Sangma will ultimately support UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee.
Ahead of a NCP meeting on Thursday, National Congress Party leader D P Tripathi met Finance Minister Mukherjee on Tuesday.
"It was a courtesy call. We are an ally of UPA, so I came to meet him," Tripathi told reporters.
On Sangma`s refusal to withdraw from the presidential race, Tripathi said: "He is a senior leader. We are meeting on June 21 and he will attend the meeting. We are confident he will support the UPA candidate."
Sangma is the joint candidate of the AIADMK and Biju Janata Dal. Despite appeals from NCP leader Sharad Pawar, he is adamant on fighting the election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state