Sangma`s daughter may face trouble after Prez poll
New Delhi: Agatha Sangma could face trouble after the Presidential polls with the NCP leadership receiving complaints against her from party units in Chhattisgarh and Odisha that she campaigned for her father P A Sangma, the BJP-backed oppsoition nominee for the top post.
A senior party leader said that the issue would come up before a meeting of the NCP Parliamentary Board after the July 19 Presidential elections.
Agatha, a Union Minister of State for Rural Development, is a member of the Lok Sabha from Tura, a seat represented by her father several times.
Sangma, a founder member of the NCP, resigned from the party to contest the Presidential elections.
Reports had it that Agatha had accompanied her father to Odisha to seek support for him from Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik. She had also attended a function of tribal leaders in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh.
Meanwhile, NCP General Secretary D P Tripathi launched a strong attack on Sangma today accusing him of not maintaining decorum in the campaign for the election to the highest Constitutional post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?