Sangma`s daughter may face trouble after Prez poll
New Delhi: Agatha Sangma could face trouble after the Presidential polls with the NCP leadership receiving complaints against her from party units in Chhattisgarh and Odisha that she campaigned for her father P A Sangma, the BJP-backed oppsoition nominee for the top post.
A senior party leader said that the issue would come up before a meeting of the NCP Parliamentary Board after the July 19 Presidential elections.
Agatha, a Union Minister of State for Rural Development, is a member of the Lok Sabha from Tura, a seat represented by her father several times.
Sangma, a founder member of the NCP, resigned from the party to contest the Presidential elections.
Reports had it that Agatha had accompanied her father to Odisha to seek support for him from Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik. She had also attended a function of tribal leaders in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh.
Meanwhile, NCP General Secretary D P Tripathi launched a strong attack on Sangma today accusing him of not maintaining decorum in the campaign for the election to the highest Constitutional post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa