Sanjay Dutt to work as cook in Yerwada jail?
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Having served time twice there in 2007, Sanjay Dutt is no stranger to the Yerwada jail in Pune. Convicted for involvement in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case, the Bollywood superstar appears all set to spend 42 more months in the high-security prison.
Although the police is tight lipped about where Dutt will be kept after he surrenders tomorrow, reports claimed on Wednesday that arrangements have already been made for the actor in the jail.
Dutt is expected to be lodged in a single cell or in barrack number 3 which has a toilet inside, as per news report.
The actor will be treated like other jail inmates and will be eating jail food and wear prison uniform like other prisoners, the report added.
Dutt, who had taken up carpentry and even made a cane chair during his last jail term, may work in the jail kitchen this time round as it is less strenuous, also because it segregates him from most prisoners, thereby ensuring his safety.
Initially, as an assistant to the cook, he will get a remuneration of Rs 25/day, later on if he is appointed as a cook his remuneration will increase to Rs 50/day.
As per the report, the prison rules will mandate that he can meet up to five family members for a maximum of 20 minutes in a month and can receive Rs 1,500 a month from his family for his personal expenses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof