Sanjay Dutt`s life at Yerwada begins as prisoner number 16656
Pune: The new identity for Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt from Wednesday is prisoner number 16656 at Yerwada Central Jail in Pune where he was shifted from Mumbai`s Arthur Road Prison following his surrender before a TADA court.
Dutt, whose conviction in 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case was upheld by the Supreme Court in March, 2013, was brought to Yeravada jail at the crack of dawn today. He is lodged in a separate individual cell in view of his security needs, official sources said.
The Bollywood "Khalnayak", who later reinvented himself with `Gandhigiri` as Munnabhai, will be spending about three and half years in prison.
Sources said Dutt would be given prescribed manual work job in due course after formalities of admission are over.
There will not be any special treatment to the actor except required due to the threat perception, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal