Sanjay Dutt`s life at Yerwada begins as prisoner number 16656
Pune: The new identity for Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt from Wednesday is prisoner number 16656 at Yerwada Central Jail in Pune where he was shifted from Mumbai`s Arthur Road Prison following his surrender before a TADA court.
Dutt, whose conviction in 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case was upheld by the Supreme Court in March, 2013, was brought to Yeravada jail at the crack of dawn today. He is lodged in a separate individual cell in view of his security needs, official sources said.
The Bollywood "Khalnayak", who later reinvented himself with `Gandhigiri` as Munnabhai, will be spending about three and half years in prison.
Sources said Dutt would be given prescribed manual work job in due course after formalities of admission are over.
There will not be any special treatment to the actor except required due to the threat perception, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them