Sanjay Dutt`s mercy plea should be considered positive: NCP
Nagpur: Actor Sanjay Dutt deserves to be pardoned after the Supreme Court sentenced him to five years` imprisonment and his mercy petition ought to be considered positively, the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) spokesman D P Tripathi said here on Monday.
"The mercy petition whenever it is filed by Sanjay Dutt before the Maharashtra Governor, should be considered with positive attitude and sympathy," Tripathi told reporters.
The apex court has spared him of terror tag and he was only found guilty of keeping arms at his place, he said.
Tripathi claimed that the NCP`s stand right from day one has been to pardon him, unlike the Shiv Sena which first supported him and has now changed its stand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter