Sankararaman murder case hearing adjourned
Puducherry: A local court on Monday adjourned to July 5 hearing in the Sankararaman murder case in which Kanchi seer Jayendra Saraswathi and his junior Vijayendra are the main accused.
Principal District and Sessions Judge C S Murugan, before whom the proceedings were on all these days, was on leave and Additional District and Sessions Judge Mohandoss adjourned the hearing when the case came up.
Only seven of the 23 accused were present in the court. While Vijayendra was among the seven accused present, the senior pontiff Jayendra was among the absentees.
Sankararaman, manager in the Varadarajaperumal temple in Kancheepuram was allegedly murdered in his office at the temple on September 3, 2004.
The two seers had been accused of hatching a conspiracy to murder Sankararaman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog