Santosh Hegde advocates ban on mineral export
Bhubaneswar: Former Karnataka Lokayukta
Justice N Santosh Hegde on Wednesday called for a ban on the export
of iron ore for stopping illegal mining in the country.
"There is a way to stop illegal mining activities, if
the Centre bans export of iron ore," Hegde told a local
Hegde, who was here to attend a function, said that the
companies engaged in manufacturing and commit to make value
addition should only be given mining lease.
"If you do not give trading license, then there will be
no excess mining," he said.
Steel companies should be allowed to take required
mineral for their capitive use, he said.
While addressing a function, Hegde alleged "the PM has
used several forums to express intention to get rid of
corruption, but action is missing."
Stating that the entire country was waiting to know
what action the government would take on the Jan Lokpal Bill,
Hegde said "It is necessary to strike at the root that breeds
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what