Santosh Hegde advocates ban on mineral export
Bhubaneswar: Former Karnataka Lokayukta
Justice N Santosh Hegde on Wednesday called for a ban on the export
of iron ore for stopping illegal mining in the country.
"There is a way to stop illegal mining activities, if
the Centre bans export of iron ore," Hegde told a local
Hegde, who was here to attend a function, said that the
companies engaged in manufacturing and commit to make value
addition should only be given mining lease.
"If you do not give trading license, then there will be
no excess mining," he said.
Steel companies should be allowed to take required
mineral for their capitive use, he said.
While addressing a function, Hegde alleged "the PM has
used several forums to express intention to get rid of
corruption, but action is missing."
Stating that the entire country was waiting to know
what action the government would take on the Jan Lokpal Bill,
Hegde said "It is necessary to strike at the root that breeds
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?