Santosh Hegde advocates ban on mineral export
Bhubaneswar: Former Karnataka Lokayukta
Justice N Santosh Hegde on Wednesday called for a ban on the export
of iron ore for stopping illegal mining in the country.
"There is a way to stop illegal mining activities, if
the Centre bans export of iron ore," Hegde told a local
Hegde, who was here to attend a function, said that the
companies engaged in manufacturing and commit to make value
addition should only be given mining lease.
"If you do not give trading license, then there will be
no excess mining," he said.
Steel companies should be allowed to take required
mineral for their capitive use, he said.
While addressing a function, Hegde alleged "the PM has
used several forums to express intention to get rid of
corruption, but action is missing."
Stating that the entire country was waiting to know
what action the government would take on the Jan Lokpal Bill,
Hegde said "It is necessary to strike at the root that breeds
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says