Sarabjit death probe: Pakistani official may visit India
Islamabad: A one-man inquiry tribunal comprising Justice Syed Mazahar Ali Akbar Naqvi of Lahore High Court may visit India to complete the judicial inquiry into the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh, a media report said.
Sarabjit Singh, an Indian on death row in Pakistan, died May 2 after a group of Pakistani prisoners attacked him April 26 Kot Lakhpat Jail.
Sarabjit was on death row since 1990 after being convicted by Pakistani courts for bomb blasts in Lahore and Multan, which left 14 people dead.
A few days after Sarabjit`s death, Pakistani national Sanaullah Ranjay was attacked in a jail in Jammu. He died in a hospital in Chandigarh later.
Tensions between Pakistan and India heightened over the attacks on the prisoners.
Dawn News said the inquiry tribunal has invited the public to file written submissions along with relevant documents.
People in India are required to get themselves registered with the tribunal through emails -- mail.punjab.gov.pk and firstname.lastname@example.org.
The tribunal will commence its inquiry proceedings at the principal seat of Lahore High Court as well as at Kot Lakhpat Jail, where Sarabjit was attacked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach