Sarabjit Singh`s vital organs were missing: Doctors
Zee Media Bureau
Amritsar/Bhikiwind: Indian doctors on Friday revealed that they had received Sarabjit Singh`s body with vital organs missing.
Addressing the press, Dr Gurjit Mann, HoD, Forensic Department, Amritsar Medical College, said Sarabjit`s body was without stomach, gall bladder, heart and both kidneys when they received it from Pakistan.
These are necessary for viscera tests to determine the presence of poison or disease in the body.
Dr Mann further said the first post-mortem of Sarabjit Singh was conducted in Pakistan.
"We received only one-page document from the Lahore hospital. We did a second autopsy of Sarabjit Singh and found fractures in the skull bone," the doctor said.
"The Pakistani document mentioned diagnosis of severe head injury and cardiopulmonary arrest. Our view is also similar as Sarabjit had massive head injury," he added.
"His head was having fractures. There were multiple fractures of the mandible bone. Other injuries were in the form of dark coloured bruises on the back of shoulders and left ear canal. Some injuries were in the form of stitch wounds. Some other injuries were not stitched at all like on the back of head. There were bruises on the back and fractures of the rib – three on the left and two on the right side," Dr Mann informed.
The doctor said they will submit a final autopsy report in a few days` time.
Sarabjit Singh was cremated with full state honours this afternoon in his native Bhikhiwind town.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference