Sarabjit Singh`s vital organs were missing: Doctors
Zee Media Bureau
Amritsar/Bhikiwind: Indian doctors on Friday revealed that they had received Sarabjit Singh`s body with vital organs missing.
Addressing the press, Dr Gurjit Mann, HoD, Forensic Department, Amritsar Medical College, said Sarabjit`s body was without stomach, gall bladder, heart and both kidneys when they received it from Pakistan.
These are necessary for viscera tests to determine the presence of poison or disease in the body.
Dr Mann further said the first post-mortem of Sarabjit Singh was conducted in Pakistan.
"We received only one-page document from the Lahore hospital. We did a second autopsy of Sarabjit Singh and found fractures in the skull bone," the doctor said.
"The Pakistani document mentioned diagnosis of severe head injury and cardiopulmonary arrest. Our view is also similar as Sarabjit had massive head injury," he added.
"His head was having fractures. There were multiple fractures of the mandible bone. Other injuries were in the form of dark coloured bruises on the back of shoulders and left ear canal. Some injuries were in the form of stitch wounds. Some other injuries were not stitched at all like on the back of head. There were bruises on the back and fractures of the rib – three on the left and two on the right side," Dr Mann informed.
The doctor said they will submit a final autopsy report in a few days` time.
Sarabjit Singh was cremated with full state honours this afternoon in his native Bhikhiwind town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams