Sarabjit Singh`s vital organs were missing: Doctors
Zee Media Bureau
Amritsar/Bhikiwind: Indian doctors on Friday revealed that they had received Sarabjit Singh`s body with vital organs missing.
Addressing the press, Dr Gurjit Mann, HoD, Forensic Department, Amritsar Medical College, said Sarabjit`s body was without stomach, gall bladder, heart and both kidneys when they received it from Pakistan.
These are necessary for viscera tests to determine the presence of poison or disease in the body.
Dr Mann further said the first post-mortem of Sarabjit Singh was conducted in Pakistan.
"We received only one-page document from the Lahore hospital. We did a second autopsy of Sarabjit Singh and found fractures in the skull bone," the doctor said.
"The Pakistani document mentioned diagnosis of severe head injury and cardiopulmonary arrest. Our view is also similar as Sarabjit had massive head injury," he added.
"His head was having fractures. There were multiple fractures of the mandible bone. Other injuries were in the form of dark coloured bruises on the back of shoulders and left ear canal. Some injuries were in the form of stitch wounds. Some other injuries were not stitched at all like on the back of head. There were bruises on the back and fractures of the rib – three on the left and two on the right side," Dr Mann informed.
The doctor said they will submit a final autopsy report in a few days` time.
Sarabjit Singh was cremated with full state honours this afternoon in his native Bhikhiwind town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez