Sarabjit Singh`s vital organs were missing: Doctors
Zee Media Bureau
Amritsar/Bhikiwind: Indian doctors on Friday revealed that they had received Sarabjit Singh`s body with vital organs missing.
Addressing the press, Dr Gurjit Mann, HoD, Forensic Department, Amritsar Medical College, said Sarabjit`s body was without stomach, gall bladder, heart and both kidneys when they received it from Pakistan.
These are necessary for viscera tests to determine the presence of poison or disease in the body.
Dr Mann further said the first post-mortem of Sarabjit Singh was conducted in Pakistan.
"We received only one-page document from the Lahore hospital. We did a second autopsy of Sarabjit Singh and found fractures in the skull bone," the doctor said.
"The Pakistani document mentioned diagnosis of severe head injury and cardiopulmonary arrest. Our view is also similar as Sarabjit had massive head injury," he added.
"His head was having fractures. There were multiple fractures of the mandible bone. Other injuries were in the form of dark coloured bruises on the back of shoulders and left ear canal. Some injuries were in the form of stitch wounds. Some other injuries were not stitched at all like on the back of head. There were bruises on the back and fractures of the rib – three on the left and two on the right side," Dr Mann informed.
The doctor said they will submit a final autopsy report in a few days` time.
Sarabjit Singh was cremated with full state honours this afternoon in his native Bhikhiwind town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says