Sarabjit`s death blot on India`s reputation: Uddhav Thackeray
Mumbai: The death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh following a murderous assault in a Lahore jail was a "blot" on India`s reputation, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray said on Friday.
"Sarabjit Singh was killed inside a high-security Pakistani jail. It means that Pakistan wanted him killed. Earlier, Chamel Singh was similarly killed and recently Pakistani soldiers mutiliated two of our soldiers on the border," Thackeray said in an editorial in party mouthpiece "Saamana".
If India could release an ailing and aged Pakistani doctor, Khalil Chisti, on humanitarian grounds, what prevented the neighbour from reciprocating and releasing Sarabjit Singh, he asked.
"This is a blot on India`s reputation," Thackeray said.
The Sena chief said that Indian Muslims have now got a good opportunity to protest against Pakistan.
"They should take to the streets in Mumbai and New Delhi," Thackeray said, adding that Indian Muslims have in the past protested against insults to Islam in the USA and Denmark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp