Sarabjit’s death: Pak Prez Zardari’s effigies burnt in Kolkata
Kolkata: Effigies of Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari were burnt in the city on Thursday by angry demonstrators who also shouted slogans against the `inhuman` Pakistani regime responsible for the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh.
Youth Congress activists with their faces wrapped in black cloth, burnt an effigy of Zardari near Brabourne Road overlooking the state secretariat Writers` Buildings and carried anti-Pakistan posters condemning the brutal torture perpetrated on the death row prisoner Sarbjit Singh.
Protest was also held in Entally area where another effigy of the Pak president was burnt.
SriGuru Singh Sabha, Kolkata, will bring out a procession from Garcha Gurudwara tonight to condemn the Pakistan government, sources in it said.
Protest demonstration will also be held to protest the acquittal of Sajjan Kumar accused in the 1984 anti-Sikh riot in Delhi, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead