Sarabjit’s death: Pak Prez Zardari’s effigies burnt in Kolkata
Kolkata: Effigies of Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari were burnt in the city on Thursday by angry demonstrators who also shouted slogans against the `inhuman` Pakistani regime responsible for the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh.
Youth Congress activists with their faces wrapped in black cloth, burnt an effigy of Zardari near Brabourne Road overlooking the state secretariat Writers` Buildings and carried anti-Pakistan posters condemning the brutal torture perpetrated on the death row prisoner Sarbjit Singh.
Protest was also held in Entally area where another effigy of the Pak president was burnt.
SriGuru Singh Sabha, Kolkata, will bring out a procession from Garcha Gurudwara tonight to condemn the Pakistan government, sources in it said.
Protest demonstration will also be held to protest the acquittal of Sajjan Kumar accused in the 1984 anti-Sikh riot in Delhi, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket