Sarabjit’s death: Pak Prez Zardari’s effigies burnt in Kolkata
Kolkata: Effigies of Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari were burnt in the city on Thursday by angry demonstrators who also shouted slogans against the `inhuman` Pakistani regime responsible for the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh.
Youth Congress activists with their faces wrapped in black cloth, burnt an effigy of Zardari near Brabourne Road overlooking the state secretariat Writers` Buildings and carried anti-Pakistan posters condemning the brutal torture perpetrated on the death row prisoner Sarbjit Singh.
Protest was also held in Entally area where another effigy of the Pak president was burnt.
SriGuru Singh Sabha, Kolkata, will bring out a procession from Garcha Gurudwara tonight to condemn the Pakistan government, sources in it said.
Protest demonstration will also be held to protest the acquittal of Sajjan Kumar accused in the 1984 anti-Sikh riot in Delhi, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack