Sarabjit’s death: Pak Prez Zardari’s effigies burnt in Kolkata
Kolkata: Effigies of Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari were burnt in the city on Thursday by angry demonstrators who also shouted slogans against the `inhuman` Pakistani regime responsible for the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh.
Youth Congress activists with their faces wrapped in black cloth, burnt an effigy of Zardari near Brabourne Road overlooking the state secretariat Writers` Buildings and carried anti-Pakistan posters condemning the brutal torture perpetrated on the death row prisoner Sarbjit Singh.
Protest was also held in Entally area where another effigy of the Pak president was burnt.
SriGuru Singh Sabha, Kolkata, will bring out a procession from Garcha Gurudwara tonight to condemn the Pakistan government, sources in it said.
Protest demonstration will also be held to protest the acquittal of Sajjan Kumar accused in the 1984 anti-Sikh riot in Delhi, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report