Sarabjit`s sister offers prayers in Lahore
Lahore: Dalbir Kaur, the sister of Indian
death row prisoner Sarabjit Singh, visited the famous Data
Darbar shrine in this eastern Pakistani city on Sunday and prayed
for the release of her brother.
Kaur offered a traditional `chadar` at the `mazar` of
renowned saint Hazrat Ali Hajweri, considered the patron saint
She told the media that she had prayed for the early
release of her brother.
Sarabjit has been on death row since he was convicted
for alleged involvement in four bomb blasts in 1990 that
killed 14 people.
The verdict was upheld by the Lahore High Court and
the Supreme Court.
His family insists he was wrongly convicted for the
Though Sarabjit was set to be hanged in 2008,
Pakistani authorities put off his execution indefinitely after
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani intervened in the matter.
Kaur arrived in Pakistan on June 6 to meet Sarabjit
and lobby the Pakistan government for his release.
She met her brother at Kot Lakhpat Jail in Lahore on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read