Sarabjit`s sister offers prayers in Lahore
Lahore: Dalbir Kaur, the sister of Indian
death row prisoner Sarabjit Singh, visited the famous Data
Darbar shrine in this eastern Pakistani city on Sunday and prayed
for the release of her brother.
Kaur offered a traditional `chadar` at the `mazar` of
renowned saint Hazrat Ali Hajweri, considered the patron saint
She told the media that she had prayed for the early
release of her brother.
Sarabjit has been on death row since he was convicted
for alleged involvement in four bomb blasts in 1990 that
killed 14 people.
The verdict was upheld by the Lahore High Court and
the Supreme Court.
His family insists he was wrongly convicted for the
Though Sarabjit was set to be hanged in 2008,
Pakistani authorities put off his execution indefinitely after
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani intervened in the matter.
Kaur arrived in Pakistan on June 6 to meet Sarabjit
and lobby the Pakistan government for his release.
She met her brother at Kot Lakhpat Jail in Lahore on
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'