Saradha scam raked up in LS by BJP member
New Delhi: The Saradha chit fund scam was raked up by a BJP member in Lok Sabha on Tuesday in a bid to corner Trinamool Congress.
When TMC member Kalyan Banerjee sought setting up of fast track courts for dealing with cases of corruption, a BJP member latched on to it by drawing the attention to the Saradha scam.
"More (SC) benches have to be set up, fast-track courts have to be set up for cases corruption...," Banerjee said following which BJP member from Andaman and Nicobar Islands Bishnupada Ray remarked: "What about Saradha?".
To this, Banerjee said "first you stop running after Adani and Ambani".
While TMC members were on their toes protesting against Ray`s remarks, BJP members were seen pacifying the member from Andaman and Nicobar.
The Saradha scam has grabbed headlines as a number of high-profile people, including politicians and sitting MPs, are reportedly under the scanner of probe agencies in this case.
TMC member Kunal Ghosh has been arrested in connection with the Saradha chit fund scam.
Investigating agencies are probing the case including ED, CBI, state police departments of West Bengal, Odisha and Assam.
These agencies have brought under their scanner four companies of the Saradha group which are Saradha Realty Private India Limited, Saradha Tours and Travels Pvt Ltd, Saradha Garden Resort and Hotel Pvt Ltd and Saradha Housing Pvt Ltd as they allegedly mobilised money from the public, the returns of which were later duped leading to the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir