Sardar Patel would have reprimanded Narendra Modi: Anand Sharma
Zee Media Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
New Delhi: Taking a dig at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, senior Congress leader Anand Sharma on Tuesday said that had he been alive, Sardar Patel would’ve been the first to reprimand him.
Sharma was reacting to a statement made by Modi at a function to inaugurate a museum dedicated to the life of Sardar Patel in Ahmedabad, where the BJP’s PM-candidate said that had the first home minister been the first prime minister of India, then the face and fate of the country would have been completely different.
“If alive, Sardar Patel would have been the first person to reprimand Narendra Modi,” said the Minister of Commerce and Industry and Textiles.
Further commenting about Narendra Modi’s recent remarks, Sharma said, “He can have his favourite past time of rewriting history of India."
Referring to Modi’s recent spate of rallies, one of which was from a make-shift ‘Red Fort’, Sharma said, “He will continue to address and pretend from the ramparts of the fake Red Fort.”
Earlier today, while sharing the stage with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in Ahmedabad, Modi had made the remark about Sardar Patel.
The event was organised by the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Memorial Society. Gujarat Governor Kamla Beniwal and central Minister of State for Mines Dinsha Patel, who heads the society, were also present.
The Gujarat chief minister has in the past criticised the Congress for allegedly ignoring Sardar Patel, who was home minister in Jawaharlal Nehru`s cabinet and was widely known as the "Iron Man".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you