Sarkozy condemns Pune blast
New Delhi: French President Nicolas
Sarkozy on Sunday strongly condemned the "abominable" terror
attack in Pune and expressed support to India in its efforts
to bring to justice the perpetrators of the `cowardly" act.
The President "strongly condemns the abominable attack
perpetrated against the city of Pune... claiming tens of
victims, killed or injured in a most cowardly manner," a
statement released by the French Embassy here said.
It said Sarkozy expresses his sorrowful condolences to
their families, their near and dear ones, to the people and
the Government of India.
"On behalf of France, the President of the Republic
assures the Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh of France`s
full and entire solidarity," the statement said.
Affirming his determination to fight terrorism
relentlessly, Sarkozy expressed support to India in its
"efforts so that the perpetrators of these unspeakable
criminal acts may be brought to justice and sentenced."
French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner also
denounced the terror attack and said there could be no excuse
for "recourse to terrorism, a criminal act."
France, he said, is at India?s side in its fight
against this scourge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video