Sarkozy condemns Pune blast
New Delhi: French President Nicolas
Sarkozy on Sunday strongly condemned the "abominable" terror
attack in Pune and expressed support to India in its efforts
to bring to justice the perpetrators of the `cowardly" act.
The President "strongly condemns the abominable attack
perpetrated against the city of Pune... claiming tens of
victims, killed or injured in a most cowardly manner," a
statement released by the French Embassy here said.
It said Sarkozy expresses his sorrowful condolences to
their families, their near and dear ones, to the people and
the Government of India.
"On behalf of France, the President of the Republic
assures the Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh of France`s
full and entire solidarity," the statement said.
Affirming his determination to fight terrorism
relentlessly, Sarkozy expressed support to India in its
"efforts so that the perpetrators of these unspeakable
criminal acts may be brought to justice and sentenced."
French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner also
denounced the terror attack and said there could be no excuse
for "recourse to terrorism, a criminal act."
France, he said, is at India?s side in its fight
against this scourge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in