Sarna seeks PM`s intervention in saving Indians on death row
Phagwara: SAD leader Paramjit Singh Sarna
on Friday sought Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s intervention in
saving from the gallows 17 Indians, mostly Punjabis, awarded
death sentence by a Sharjah court for killing a Pakistani.
Sarna, who heads the Delhi units of Punjab`s ruling party
SAD and Sikh religious body SGPC, would meet Singh on April 5
and ask him to take up the issue with UAE authorities, he told
Out of the 17 Indians on death row 16 are Punjabis,
Sarna, currently touring Punjab to mobilise support for the
forthcoming World Sikh Convention in Delhi, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam