Sarna seeks PM`s intervention in saving Indians on death row
Phagwara: SAD leader Paramjit Singh Sarna
on Friday sought Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s intervention in
saving from the gallows 17 Indians, mostly Punjabis, awarded
death sentence by a Sharjah court for killing a Pakistani.
Sarna, who heads the Delhi units of Punjab`s ruling party
SAD and Sikh religious body SGPC, would meet Singh on April 5
and ask him to take up the issue with UAE authorities, he told
Out of the 17 Indians on death row 16 are Punjabis,
Sarna, currently touring Punjab to mobilise support for the
forthcoming World Sikh Convention in Delhi, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption