Sathya Sai Baba critical but stable
Puttaparthi: Spiritual leader Sathya Sai Baba`s condition continues to be critical but stable, doctors attending on him said on Thursday.
According to the medical bulletin issued by Sathya Sai Super Speciality Hospital, his condition remained unchanged.
Hospital director AN Safaya said Sathya Sai Baba continued to be on ventilator to help in respiratory function. His pulse rate and blood pressure level are normal.
The duration of dialysis has also been reduced, indicating improvement in his kidney function. He continued to be on continuous renal replacement therapy for the last four days.
The doctors had on Wednesday said 85-year-old Sathya Sai Baba was suffering from multi-organ dysfunction but was responding to the treatment.
Satyha Sai Baba, who has millions of devotees both in India and abroad, was admitted to the hospital March 28 with pneumonia and breathing problems.
The doctors implanted a pacemaker to regulate his heart beat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- With 31% jump, HDFC's Aditya Puri top gainer in salary hike among private bank chiefs
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why