Sathya Sai Baba critical but stable
Puttaparthi: Spiritual leader Sathya Sai Baba`s condition continues to be critical but stable, doctors attending on him said on Thursday.
According to the medical bulletin issued by Sathya Sai Super Speciality Hospital, his condition remained unchanged.
Hospital director AN Safaya said Sathya Sai Baba continued to be on ventilator to help in respiratory function. His pulse rate and blood pressure level are normal.
The duration of dialysis has also been reduced, indicating improvement in his kidney function. He continued to be on continuous renal replacement therapy for the last four days.
The doctors had on Wednesday said 85-year-old Sathya Sai Baba was suffering from multi-organ dysfunction but was responding to the treatment.
Satyha Sai Baba, who has millions of devotees both in India and abroad, was admitted to the hospital March 28 with pneumonia and breathing problems.
The doctors implanted a pacemaker to regulate his heart beat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt