Satyam case: Court asks CBI to submit material on allegations
Hyderabad: A local court today directed the
CBI to submit before it "specific material" on its allegations
against former Chairman of Satyam Computers B Ramalinga Raju
and nine other accused in the multi-crore accounting scam in
the IT firm, prior to framing of charges against them.
The XXI Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court
which today began hearing for arguments on framing of charges
against the accused, asked the CBI counsel to inform it in a
specific way on the agency`s allegations against the accused
in two main chargesheets besides the supplementary
CBI counsel K Surendra said as part of the conspiracy,
the accused projected a rosy picture about the financial
status of the Satyam company and lured the investors
`dishonestly and fraudulently` to invest into the shares of
Satyam Computer Services Limited and thus made wrongful gains
to the tune of crores of rupees.
Countering the allegations, Raju`s counsel Umamaheshwar
Rao termed the CBI`s allegations as `hypothetical` saying one
cannot influence the share prices or stock market. He said
CBI`s chargesheets were not only voluminous but lacked clarity
on the charges to be framed against his client.
After the arguments, Magistrate BVLN Chakravarti asked
the CBI counsel "submit to the court the material (on the
allegations in the chargesheet) you are relying on and be
specific on it so that there can be more clarity on the
charges even while framing them."
The judge posted the matter for hearing to tomorrow. The
court on Monday had completed the process of examination of
prime accused Ramalinga Raju and nine others though all of
them had denied the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead