Satyam case: Raju to be examined by questionnaire
Hyderabad: Former Chairman of Satyam
Computers, B Ramalinga Raju, who is the prime accused in
multi-crore accounting fraud in the IT firm, on Monday gave
consent for his examination on the charges against him through
The XXI Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Court
had on July 5 asked the counsel for Raju to file an affidavit
whether he could be examined on the charges through a
questionnaire in view of his prolonged hospitalisation.
Accordingly, Raju`s counsel Umamaheswar filed an
affidavit before the court and conveyed Raju`s willingness for
the examination through questionnaire method.
Magistrate BVLN Chakravarti, then posted the matter to
July 19 while extending the judicial remand of other accused
including Raju till the same date.
The court wants to examine all the ten accused, including
Raju, with regard to the allegations mentioned against them by
the CBI in two separate chargesheets before commencing the
Raju, who is undergoing treatment for Hepatitis C at the
Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), is not attending
the court proceedings since September last year citing health
reasons, after which CBI sought for examining Raju through
video-conferencing. A petition regarding this is still pending
in the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!