Satyam scam: Raju appears before local court
Hyderabad: B Ramalinga Raju, the founder of
Satyam computers and main accused in the Satyam accounting
fraud case, appeared before a local court for the second time
Thursday after being granted bail by the Andhra Pradesh High
Raju, who looked fragile and was accompanied by his
doctor, appeared before the XXI Additional Chief Metropolitan
Magistrate court which is trying the case as per High Court`s
After being in the court for a few minutes, he took
permission from the magistrate BVLN Chakravarti and left the
Speaking to mediapersons outside the court hall, Raju`s
counsel Bharat Kumar said as long as the magistrate grants
Raju permission to leave the court hall after marking his
appearance, they will not approach the High court seeking
exemption to appear personally.
To a query, he said Raju`s health was improving
Arguments on hearing of charges against 10 accused in the
multi-crore Satyam Computers scam was posted for tomorrow.
Raju had been avoiding appearance in the court since
September last year citing health reasons.
The former Satyam chairman, who was arrested on January 9
last year, was granted bail by the Andhra Pradesh High Court
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?