Satyam trial: AP Spl Court pulls up Raju`s lawyers
Hyderabad: The Special Court hearing the
multi-crore Satyam Computer accounting scam today pulled up
the counsel for B Ramalinga Raju, the prime accused, for not
submitting an affidavit on whether he can be examined through
a questionnaire given by the court.
"The case cannot go on like this for days together. If
you don`t file your affidavit, we will decide the issue as per
law. The court has already given two adjournments on this,"
Magistrate B V L N Chakravarti said while deferring the matter
to July 12.
The disgraced former chairman of Satyam is undergoing
treatment at the Nizam Institute of Medical Sciences here for
Hepatitis C since late last year. To speed up the trial, the
court wanted to know if Raju, who is not attending court
proceedings on health grounds, can be examined through a
The court also ordered the CBI to file an affidavit on
the status of the pending investigation into the scam, which
came to light in January last year.
The Central agency expressed its inability to file the
affidavit at this juncture, saying it was awaiting a reply
from foreign countries on suspected fund diversion by the
CBI Deputy Inspector General Lakshmi Narayana said
Letters of Rogatory (a formal request from an Indian to a
foreign court for judicial assistance) have been sent to six
countries -- the USA, UK, Belgium, British Virgin Islands,
Mauritius and Singapore. Of these, four have sent their
"We are yet to get replies from Belgium and the British
Virgin Islands, where we have found a large number of
transactions took place," the DIG said.
He said unless these governments cooperate with the CBI,
the Indian agency can`t do anything except put pressure on
them through Interpol
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata