Savita death report nears publication
London: The long-awaited internal report into the death of Indian dentist Savita Halappanavar in Ireland is likely to be published soon, with her husband agreeing to allow his lawyer to meet the head of a health service investigation this week.
Praveen Halappanavar had postponed the meeting with Prof Sabaratnam Arulkmaran until after the inquest into Savita`s death, which concluded last month that she died of medical misadventure.
His lawyer, Gerard O`Donnell and his friend, CVR Prasad, a hospital consultant, will meet Prof Arulkumaran in Galway city on Wednesday.
Praveen decided not to attend the meeting himself.
According to the `Irish Independent`, they are expected to make detailed submissions, based on evidence that emerged over the course of the eight-day inquest in Galway last month.
Savita, 31, died at Galway University Hospital on October 28 last year after she miscarried her baby at 17 weeks.
The inquest was told of a litany of systems and communications failures and how the medical team missed the early signs of blood poisoning that eventually killed her.
The inquest also heard how her two requests for a termination were refused because her life was not at risk, in accordance with stringent anti-abortion laws in Ireland.
The government has since agreed a draft bill to clarify the country`s complex abortion laws.
Prof Arulkumaran, a London-based obstetrician, was commissioned by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to chair a clinical review of Savita`s death.
Praveen had initially refused to co-operate, instead calling for an independent public inquiry. He was further upset when a draft of Prof Arulkumaran`s findings was leaked to the media.
The draft report found there was an over-emphasis on the welfare of the foetus and an under-emphasis on Savita`s deteriorating health.
One of the issues at the meeting will focus on whether any issues have emerged between evidence given at the inquest into Savita`s death and the HSE investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'