SBI customers could face hitches on Nov 8 & 9
New Delhi: Services in State Bank of India`s
nearly 13,500 branches across the country could be affected
for two days as its officers have given a strike call on
November 8 and 9.
The All-India State Bank Officers Federation (AISBOF) has
served a notice to observe a two-day countrywide strike on
November 8 and 9 in pursuance of certain demands, SBI said in
All conciliatory efforts are being made, but if strike
materialises it would lead to disruption in banking services,
"Although the management of the bank is making efforts to
extend skeleton services at branches, in the event if it is
not possible to do so, our valuable customers may have to face
inconvenience," the advertisement said.
"We would, therefore, recommend to all our customers that
they should complete their banking transactions well before
November 8, so that they do not face any inconvenience due to
closure of our branches or offices," it said.
Customers are also requested to make use of ATMs to meet
their emergency cash requirement on these two days of strike.
They are also requested to use Internet or mobile banking
services for transacting businesses, it said.
The officers` union were not available for comments.
The nation`s largest lender with a customer base of over
13.60 crore has about 13,560 branches spread across the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C