SC agrees to hear PIL for CBI probe in Muzaffarnagar violence
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday agreed to give an urgent hearing to a PIL seeking CBI probe into the communal violence in Muzaffarnagar and for ensuring safe passage to people stuck due to clashes.
A bench headed by Justice G S Singhvi, before whom the matter was mentioned, posted the hearing for tomorrow.
The PIL has been filed by Mohammed Haroon and others seeking court`s direction to the Centre and Uttar Pradesh government to find out the reason behind the communal clashes in the state and to take immediate steps to control the violence.
The PIL also sought that the affected persons should be properly rehabilitated and the culprits behind the incident most be brought to book.
The petitioners alleged that houses of around 20,000 people have been burnt and they must be provided temporary shelter and food and medicines be also supplied to the affected families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’