SC agrees to hear PIL for CBI probe into IPL spot-fixing case
New Delhi: The Supreme Court today agreed to hear next week a PIL seeking shifting of probe into the IPL spot-fixing scandal from Delhi and Mumbai Police to CBI to unearth the larger conspiracy and insulate the investigation from "highly influential persons and politicians".
The petition in this regard was mentioned before a bench of justices Gyan Sudha Misra and Madan B Lokur which said that the matter will be heard next week.
The petitioner said the investigation in the scandal should be handed over to CBI from Delhi, Mumbai Police and officials of other probe agencies so that proper co-ordination takes place and the guilty persons do not go scot free due to "mismanagement and lack of co-ordination between different police agencies."
The petitioner, Sharmila Ghuge, an educationist in a Mumbai law college, wanted the apex court to direct CBI to probe allegations of spot fixing, match fixing, betting etc pertaining to the cricket matches of IPL-6 or its earlier versions.
The CBI should unearth the huge racket behind such illegalities and take the strongest possible action against all the masterminds behind such acts, she said.
The petition said for a "fair and proper" investigation, the cases registered by both the states should be probed by CBI, as otherwise there are chances that the probe can be hampered by "highly influential persons and politicians".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened