SC allows scrutiny of Ajit Jogi`s caste status
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday allowed
the Chhattisgarh government to examine the authenticity of the
caste certificate of former Chief Minister Ajit Jogi who is
alleged to be holding a fraudulent document for claiming a
Scheduled Tribe status.
In a set back to the senior Congress leader, a bench
headed by Justice R V Raveendran allowed the plea of the state
governemnt challenging the Chhattisgarh High Court order which
had restrained it from holding an inquiry into his caste
"The state government through a duly-constituted Scrutiny
Committee shall now undertake the verification/scrutiny of the
social status (tribal) certificates issued to the first
respondent(Jogi) showing him as belonging to ‘Kanwar’
Scheduled Tribe," the bench said.
The state government had filed the SLP challenging the
clean chit given to Jogi by the High Court on December 15,
The state governemnt submitted the High Court had passed
the order in favour of Jogi without properly examining the
evidence on record and the findings of the National Commission
for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes which reportedly
found prima facie evidence against the former Chief
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow