SC asks AG on status of complaint against Balakrishnan
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday asked Attorney General GE Vahanvati to apprise it about the status of a complaint filed in May last year against former chief
justice of India and chairman, National Human Rights Commission KG Balakrishnan, seeking a CBI probe into his assets.
"What is the status of the complaint forwarded to the Minsitry of Home Affairs?," a bench headed by Chief Justice SH Kapadia sought to know.
The complaint was filed by a Delhi-based journalist on May 5, 2010, seeking a CBI probe into the assets of Balakrishnan and his family members.
The bench sought the assistance of the AG and asked him to inform it about the status of the complaint within two weeks.
It noted that a complaint about NHRC chief was made to the Vice President which was forwarded to the Ministry of Home Affairs.
It said till it receives a response from the AG, it will keep the matter adjourned.
The court was hearing a petition filed by advocate ML Sharma seeking judicial inquiry into the alleged disproportionate assets of the former CJI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites