SC asks AG on status of complaint against Balakrishnan
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday asked Attorney General GE Vahanvati to apprise it about the status of a complaint filed in May last year against former chief
justice of India and chairman, National Human Rights Commission KG Balakrishnan, seeking a CBI probe into his assets.
"What is the status of the complaint forwarded to the Minsitry of Home Affairs?," a bench headed by Chief Justice SH Kapadia sought to know.
The complaint was filed by a Delhi-based journalist on May 5, 2010, seeking a CBI probe into the assets of Balakrishnan and his family members.
The bench sought the assistance of the AG and asked him to inform it about the status of the complaint within two weeks.
It noted that a complaint about NHRC chief was made to the Vice President which was forwarded to the Ministry of Home Affairs.
It said till it receives a response from the AG, it will keep the matter adjourned.
The court was hearing a petition filed by advocate ML Sharma seeking judicial inquiry into the alleged disproportionate assets of the former CJI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony