SC asks Uttarakhand to file affidavit on rescue work
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Wednesday directed the Uttarakhand government to file an affidavit stating that rescue and relief work were over and those rescued were provided immediate relief.
Justice AK Patnaik and Justice Fakir Mohamed Ibrahim Kalifulla asked the state to file the affidavit after its claim that rescue operations had got over was disputed by the counsel for PIL petitioner Ajay Bansal.
"We call upon the state of Uttarakhand to file an affidavit indicating therein that the rescue operations are over and immediate relief was provided to the rescued people," the ccourt said in its order.
The court listed the matter for July 12 and asked Uttarakhand to file its affidavit by July 10.
Hundreds, probably thousands, were killed after unprecedented floods and landslides caused havoc in Uttarakhand last month.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living