SC Bose remembered on 115th birth anniversary
New Delhi: Parliamentarians led by Lok Sabha
Speaker Meira Kumar offered floral tributes to Netaji Subhash
Chandra Bose on his 115th birth anniversary today.
Besides the Speaker, senior BJP leader L K Advani and
Congress leader Girija Vyas were among those present at a
brief ceremony in the Central Hall of Parliament.
The dignitaries and Parliament officials offered floral
tributes at a portrait of Bose in the Central Hall.
Bose was an outstanding leader of the freedom movement
and a revolutionary par excellence who took the struggle for
independence beyond the Indian borders.
A booklet containing the profile of the freedom fighter,
brought out in Hindi and English by the Lok Sabha secretariat,
was presented to the dignitaries.
The portrait of Netaji was unveiled by then President N
Sanjiva Reddy in the Central Hall on January 23, 1978.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list