SC Bose remembered on 115th birth anniversary
New Delhi: Parliamentarians led by Lok Sabha
Speaker Meira Kumar offered floral tributes to Netaji Subhash
Chandra Bose on his 115th birth anniversary today.
Besides the Speaker, senior BJP leader L K Advani and
Congress leader Girija Vyas were among those present at a
brief ceremony in the Central Hall of Parliament.
The dignitaries and Parliament officials offered floral
tributes at a portrait of Bose in the Central Hall.
Bose was an outstanding leader of the freedom movement
and a revolutionary par excellence who took the struggle for
independence beyond the Indian borders.
A booklet containing the profile of the freedom fighter,
brought out in Hindi and English by the Lok Sabha secretariat,
was presented to the dignitaries.
The portrait of Netaji was unveiled by then President N
Sanjiva Reddy in the Central Hall on January 23, 1978.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city