SC Bose remembered on 115th birth anniversary
New Delhi: Parliamentarians led by Lok Sabha
Speaker Meira Kumar offered floral tributes to Netaji Subhash
Chandra Bose on his 115th birth anniversary today.
Besides the Speaker, senior BJP leader L K Advani and
Congress leader Girija Vyas were among those present at a
brief ceremony in the Central Hall of Parliament.
The dignitaries and Parliament officials offered floral
tributes at a portrait of Bose in the Central Hall.
Bose was an outstanding leader of the freedom movement
and a revolutionary par excellence who took the struggle for
independence beyond the Indian borders.
A booklet containing the profile of the freedom fighter,
brought out in Hindi and English by the Lok Sabha secretariat,
was presented to the dignitaries.
The portrait of Netaji was unveiled by then President N
Sanjiva Reddy in the Central Hall on January 23, 1978.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!