SC Bose remembered on 115th birth anniversary
New Delhi: Parliamentarians led by Lok Sabha
Speaker Meira Kumar offered floral tributes to Netaji Subhash
Chandra Bose on his 115th birth anniversary today.
Besides the Speaker, senior BJP leader L K Advani and
Congress leader Girija Vyas were among those present at a
brief ceremony in the Central Hall of Parliament.
The dignitaries and Parliament officials offered floral
tributes at a portrait of Bose in the Central Hall.
Bose was an outstanding leader of the freedom movement
and a revolutionary par excellence who took the struggle for
independence beyond the Indian borders.
A booklet containing the profile of the freedom fighter,
brought out in Hindi and English by the Lok Sabha secretariat,
was presented to the dignitaries.
The portrait of Netaji was unveiled by then President N
Sanjiva Reddy in the Central Hall on January 23, 1978.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'