SC decision`s historic: Ramdev
Haridwar: Yoga teacher Baba Ramdev Monday hailed the Supreme Court`s decision to appoint a Special Investigation Team on the issue of black money as historic.
"Diwali will be celebrated at Patanjali Yogpeeth as the Supreme Court has set up an investigation team for which he and his supporters are fighting," he told reporters here.
He described the apex court`s decision as historic.
"The Centre had called me communal for raising the issue but now what will they say to the Supreme Court," Ramdev said.
The yoga guru accused the Union government of hatching a conspircy to eliminate him and his mission.
He criticised the Union government for what he said its attempt to nationalise temples.
The yoga guru released at the press conference the memorandum given by him to the Centre and the letter written by Union Minister Kapil Sibal to him.
The apex court Monday set up a Special Investigation Team, headed by former SC judge B P Jeevan Reddy, to probe and monitor steps taken to bring unaccounted money back home.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory