SC decision`s historic: Ramdev
Haridwar: Yoga teacher Baba Ramdev Monday hailed the Supreme Court`s decision to appoint a Special Investigation Team on the issue of black money as historic.
"Diwali will be celebrated at Patanjali Yogpeeth as the Supreme Court has set up an investigation team for which he and his supporters are fighting," he told reporters here.
He described the apex court`s decision as historic.
"The Centre had called me communal for raising the issue but now what will they say to the Supreme Court," Ramdev said.
The yoga guru accused the Union government of hatching a conspircy to eliminate him and his mission.
He criticised the Union government for what he said its attempt to nationalise temples.
The yoga guru released at the press conference the memorandum given by him to the Centre and the letter written by Union Minister Kapil Sibal to him.
The apex court Monday set up a Special Investigation Team, headed by former SC judge B P Jeevan Reddy, to probe and monitor steps taken to bring unaccounted money back home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?