SC decision`s historic: Ramdev
Haridwar: Yoga teacher Baba Ramdev Monday hailed the Supreme Court`s decision to appoint a Special Investigation Team on the issue of black money as historic.
"Diwali will be celebrated at Patanjali Yogpeeth as the Supreme Court has set up an investigation team for which he and his supporters are fighting," he told reporters here.
He described the apex court`s decision as historic.
"The Centre had called me communal for raising the issue but now what will they say to the Supreme Court," Ramdev said.
The yoga guru accused the Union government of hatching a conspircy to eliminate him and his mission.
He criticised the Union government for what he said its attempt to nationalise temples.
The yoga guru released at the press conference the memorandum given by him to the Centre and the letter written by Union Minister Kapil Sibal to him.
The apex court Monday set up a Special Investigation Team, headed by former SC judge B P Jeevan Reddy, to probe and monitor steps taken to bring unaccounted money back home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday