SC directs ED to file status report on coalgate by Feb 8
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday directed the Enforcement Directorate to file by February 8 the status report on its probe into coal scam for suspected money laundering and foreign exchange rules violations.
A bench headed by Justice R M Lodha also directed the CBI and the Enforcement Directorate (ED) to share information related to coal scam probe.
The CBI`s status report, that was submitted on January 13, would be considered on February 10, when the court would also be appraised about the grievances made by the CBI for autonomy including granting its director ex-officio powers of secretary.
The CBI told the court that "substantial" progress has been made in the coal cases and it may conclude all preliminary enquiries in a month.
The court also allowed the CBI`s application to initiate sending Letters Rogatory to Malaysia to get its assistance in the probe against a foreign company.
The CBI had sought the court`s permission to probe a foreign company that claimed to be a partner of an accused Indian company.
The CBI has initiated over 14 regular cases on coal block allocations, including those against MP Naveen Jindal and former minister of state for coal Dasari Narayan Rao in relation to coal block allocation and against K M Birla and against former coal secretary P C Parakh for alleged illegality in grant of blocks to Hindalco Industries Ltd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers