SC for probe into rural job guarantee scheme in Orissa
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday favoured a Central probe into the diversion of funds and non-implementation of rural employment scheme, MGNREGA, in Orissa.
"We are treating this matter seriously. We will give direction to the Centre to hold investigation into the allegation of diversion of funds. The report has to be submitted in a time-bound manner and then we will call the Chief Secretary. We want action on ground reality," a bench headed by Chief Justice SH Kapadia said.
The bench said that the allegations were of serious nature on diversion of funds and non-implementation of MGNREGA in which Rs 40,000 crore was being released by the Centre annually to the state government.
The bench posted the matter for orders on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing