SC for probe into rural job guarantee scheme in Orissa
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday favoured a Central probe into the diversion of funds and non-implementation of rural employment scheme, MGNREGA, in Orissa.
"We are treating this matter seriously. We will give direction to the Centre to hold investigation into the allegation of diversion of funds. The report has to be submitted in a time-bound manner and then we will call the Chief Secretary. We want action on ground reality," a bench headed by Chief Justice SH Kapadia said.
The bench said that the allegations were of serious nature on diversion of funds and non-implementation of MGNREGA in which Rs 40,000 crore was being released by the Centre annually to the state government.
The bench posted the matter for orders on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes