SC gives no relief to schizophrenic Yusuf Memon
New Delhi: The 1993 Mumbai blasts absconding mastermind Tiger Memon`s brother`s plea seeking relief from his conviction and life sentence on the ground of him being a chronic schizophrenic was today dismissed by the Supreme Court.
The apex court dismissed Yusuf Memon`s appeal, agreeing with CBI`s submission that the Memons, including Yusuf, Rubina and Essa resided together at Al-Hussaini building and were present when several conspiratorial meetings had taken place in the their flats in that building.
"It is, therefore, clear that they knew about the conspiracy and facilitated the commission of acts pursuant to the said conspiracy," the court said.
Yusuf had in his appeal told the court that he is suffering from chronic schizophrenia and the flat at Al-Hussaini was purchased by his father jointly with him since his father was managing his savings.
He had also taken the plea of his clear antecedents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?